How to configure Zapier Actions with OpenAI’s GPT
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve probably heard about the recent announcement from OpenAI — GPT.
GPT is a customized version of ChatGPT for a specific purpose. You can customize a GPT with your data or API calls. If others find it useful you can make some money with it (allegedly OpenAI plans to share revenue).
One great way to “make a GPT more useful” is with Zapier, which already has 5K+ integrations. Eg. you can edit a Google spreadsheet or send an Outlook email with the help of Zapier.
While there is official Zapier documentation on how to include actions into a GPT, it’s badly written to say it mildly — this is the main motivation for this article.
In this article, I describe how to configure and trigger a simple Zapier action from a GPT: Schedule an event in Google Calendar based on your description.
- You’ll need a ChatGPT Plus subscription to access GPTs
- Zapier integration is in the alpha testing phase. It’s still a bit buggy. Eg. I couldn’t edit a Google Sheet, despite Zapier reporting a successful edit.
Creating a Zapier action
Let’s start by creating a Zapier action: “Quick Add Event in Google Calendar”.
- You can specify Zapier action by following the URL below:
2. Click on Add a new action.
3. Configure the action details: